Monday, June 16, 2008

Biting Barracudas

I'm in Puerto Rico, at a conference. Work extraordinarily hard - I presented my poster from 8 to 10 this morning, and have just come back from a presentation, and it's now 9:20. To reward myself for working so hard, I went for a swim in the sea today.

Someone (wearing goggles) swam to me, and said "Do you know what barracudas look like?" As I didn't have access to Wikipedia at the time, I had to admit that I didn't.

He said that he might have seen a barracuda, but he wasn't sure. And he thought that barracudas didn't bite. Although he wasn't sure about things that weren't barracudas, but looked like them. And now I've read the Wikipedia entry, I know that if they do bite, the worst they will do is take off a finger or two. So it's back in the sea for me tomorrow.

No comments: