Saturday, June 23, 2007

Detachable Penis

One of the nice things about living here is there are lots of radio stations, playing all kinds of stuff. I usually listen to KCRW, which is an NPR station. In the morning they have 'Morning edition' which is almost like the Today Programme, in the early evening 'All things considered', which is almost like PM.

From 9 until 12 there's Morning Becomes Eclectic. I don't listen to that very often, because I'm usually at work. Which is good, because I tend to have the urge to buy CDs after listening to it (I usually can't remember what they were).

Anyway, today I wasn't listening to KCRW, I was listening to KROQ and they played "Detachable Penis", which, you'll remember, is by King Missile. When was the last time you heard anyone play 'Detachable Penis'? on the radio? Precisely.

Actually, before today I've only heard detachable penis once before today (except when I played it), and that was in someone's car, on a compilation tape that someone had made for them. And that was enough to make me buy it. (Sometimes I don't understand other people - first, it's got the title 'Detachable Penis' - which you would think would be enough to make anyone buy it. Second, it's even better when you hear it. So you would think it was a massive hit. But I don't think it was.

But today, they played it on the radio.

Thanks to the power of the internet, you two can listen to the song (and watch the video) below.




And while I'm on a King Missile sort of roll, another (excellent, you might say) song by them is 'Martin Scorsese'. (I guess this was taken from the telly, because they've removed all the times it says 'fucking' - that's why there's the odd weird pause.



Don't you just want to go and buy King Missile CDs now?

No comments: