Friday, April 25, 2008

Computing Help

I've been doing a bit of teaching at Corporation of Current Employment. As is traditional when teaching I had trouble with the video projector and computer link up. Like they didn't work.

At University of Previous Employment, this would happen, so I'd phone up, and eventually a bored looking technician would fiddle with stuff, and sometimes, after about an hour, it would work.

One of the the nice things about Corporation of Current Employment is that the Computing people are very good, and very fast. So I phoned up, and within about three minutes, not one, but three people had arrived. They had obviously planned, because they came into the room, one went straight to the computer, one went to the projector, and one when to the box of network connections, pressed a button on the box (that I hadn't seen before) and it all came to life.

No comments: