Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lots of Stuff

I have a weird contradiction with this blog. When I'm busy doing lots of exciting stuff, I've got lots of stuff to write about. But I don't have much time. But when I haven't got lots of stuff to do, I have more time to write it. But little to say.

So, here's a brief summary. We sold our house. I went back to York to sort it out, with a bunch of help from Robin. It all went remarkably smoothly (in the end, once we'd thrown enough money at various problems).

We've now got a fat wad of cash sitting in a bank in the UK, and every day I stare at the exchange rate graph and wonder when the best time to move it will be. I took lots of photos, and then left my camera at Jennifer's house, so I'll have to retrieve it when I go back in July.

Meanwhile, we've been vaguely looking at houses. But only vaguely, for two reasons. First, because prices seem to be dropping, and second because we can't get much of a mortgage before we've been here for 2 years (which will be in 5 months).

1 comment:

Jason in Hollywood said...

Hi J

Thanks for the link back to your site. Sounds like we're going through same things you guys experienced when you moved here to. Good to know there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Can't wait to pass my driving test!

cheers
Jason

http://jasoninhollywood.blogspot.com