Wednesday, August 06, 2008

ABCHomeStore Review

I ordered new beds for the twins from ABCHomeStore, and I've never experienced such a crappy company.

Beds are fairly big, and fairly heavy, so we couldn't really ask them to be left with a neighbor. They took about 8 days to arrive (fair enough, they had a long way to come), and they rang to make an appointment to deliver. They couldn't do a time when we were in (partly 'cos we were about to go away for a couple of days), and said that they would charge us for storage if we couldn't be in. Eventually we found a time when we could be in, and they could deliver.

They came, and there were three boxes. I thought that was curious, as had ordered four things, so I rang, and was told that it wasn't a problem because the two beds were in one box. I thought it was kind of light, for two beds, but didn't worry.

When I opened the box, lo and behold, there was one bed in there. I rang them up and asked about this. They said that I shouldn't have signed for it if it wasn't complete (I was hardly going to open the boxes first, to check everything was there, and then sign for it). They said that they sent two beds, and it wasn't their fault, and it wasn't their problem, and I should phone the delivery people. They claimed that the delivery people weighed the bed at every stage, so would know if a bed was missing; the delivery people seem to know nothing about this.

As far as the delivery people were concerned they said that they had been asked to deliver three cartons and that they had delivered three cartons, so it wasn't their problem.

As far as ABCHomeStore was concerned, I was lying, so they didn't care.

They claim on their website that "Honesty, integrity, and quality are the values that we've built our business on." Which smells like bullshit to me.

No comments: