Sunday, November 15, 2009

Views

You probably know that LA is famous for being a bit hazy and possible even polluted. Very, very occasionally, it is clear, and I've been waiting since we moved into the house (in March) to take a photo of the other side of the LA valley. Finally, the stars were in alignment, the air was clear, I had a new lens for my camera (a relatively ancient M42 lens, which cost about $50 from Ebay, and combined with a $10 adaptor gives the magnification [if not quite the quality] of something that would cost somewhere over $1000 if I wanted a new lens that fitted my camera without an adapter.

Here's the first one of the Hollywood sign. (It was slightly too early in the morning, and there's a bit of shadow on the H and the second O). It's cropped a bit.

Hollywood sign


Here's the second, which is not cropped, of the Griffith Observatory (click to make super dupe rbig:
Griffith Observatory

It's a shame there weren't any people around there - I'm not sure if we'd have been able to see them. Google maps thinks the observatory is just over 8 miles away.

No comments: