Monday, June 12, 2006

Houses: Ratings and sizes

First, I have been very excited about all the lovely looking apartments I found on www.rent.com - however then I found another site apartmentratings.com which has reviews of the various apartment complexes I've been looking at, and they are very gloomy reading. Paper thin walls, poorly functioning appliances, unfriendly management and staff, no parking, etc, etc, etc.
There's always the issue that people who are pissed off are the ones that talk, but they did sound pretty grim.

Second, and better news, I've been measuring our house. All of the apartments seem to be measured in square feet, but I have no reference to compare that with. So I measured all the rooms in the house (downstairs in the house actually, and then multiplied by 2 - it's got to be about the same upstairs as it is downstairs) and it came to (very about) 1200 square feet. Given that the larger 3 bedroom apartments we've been looking at are in the region of 1500 square feet, that looks pretty good.

No comments: