Wednesday, June 07, 2006

US Embassy

I've completed my (20 page) H-1b (or maybe that's H1-b) form, and sent it off, with all the accompanying blurb (photocopy of passport, publications, degree certificates, etc) . Then I phone the US Embassy in London, on their extraordinarily expensive phone line (£1.20 / minute). The call cost £12 (although I had to phone twice, because the first time you get an answering service that tells you that you have to have your passport number).

So, I'm off to the US embassy in London in August to have my fingerprints taken (they said that I have to ensure I don't have any cuts or blisters on my index fingers on the day - hmmm... shall I cut my fingers today? No, I'll wait until tomorrow) and my retinas scanned and my tongue printed and my DNA sampled. Or some combination of those. S has to come too, but A & D don't - we just have to take pictures of them.

No comments: