Monday, August 14, 2006

First project!

I had some contact with someone (L) from Corporation of Future Employment asking if I wanted to get involved with a project. The deadline is October 1st, so we needed to talk about it beforehand. I said "Yes", 'cos I'm a bit prone to saying yes without thinking too much.

L sent me a proposal for a previous project, which turns out to be a whole lot heftier than anything I'm used to. Apparently section D is going to be my responsibility. It's 12,000 words long - which looks more like an MSc thesis than a proposal (or even a section of a proposal) to me.

One of the things one has to do at CfE is to justify one's existence by saying how long you have worked on different projects. I will, at some point, need to estimate how long it will take me to do this section D.

I spoke with K about this on Saturday, and she said it was normal that proposals are much more long and detailed - US reviewers have to be told that UK proposals aren't crap, they are just normal.

No comments: