Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Inline skates

I bought some roller blades inline skates at the weekend. JJB are having a closing down sale, and they had some for £12.50, which fitted me. I haven't dared try to do anything with them, partly 'cos I've been a bit weary after the weekend of much jolliness, but mostly because I'm not sure where I could try where the entertainment value to the local teenaged population would be minimised.

I looked them up on wikipedia where, of course, I found out more than one could ever want to know. Including the fact that the word Rollerblade is a trademark name for one make, and therefore it shouldn't be used as a description - like Hoover or Aspirin or(or Heroin) or like Google is getting upset about ("So, I googled for it on Yahoo").

I read a bit of the inline skating FAQ - the gist of this is "learn to slow down, and stop". Once you can stop, you can try anything. Last time I tried, I had trouble starting though.

P.S. See Jo, I've not told you about any of this!

No comments: