Sunday, August 06, 2006

Recording CDs

I've decided it's more sensible to record all my PCs onto a hard disk, and then stick them in a box up the loft. So I've spent every spare second (well, it feels like it) removing and replacing CDs from the PC. (Which is what I'm doing now. Hence I'm sat at the computer doing nothing, hence I'm typing this blog for the first time in a while.)

I've been doing this since Wednesday (it's Sunday now) and I'm up to G. Which is the 8th letter of the alphabet, and so is almost 1/3 of the way through. However, it's better than that. If you look where G comes in the phone book, it's more than 1/3 of the way through.

Except it's worse than that, because I have a large number of Neil Young CDs, and have bought a lot of Frank Zappa CDs in my time. (And Frank Zappa made a lot of records. And a lot were doubles, and triples. I'm regretting "Guitar" (double CD) and "Shut up 'n play yer guitar" (triple CD) now.

Just changed the CD, and found I was only up to F (Foo Fighters). I've got 1368 tracks recorded, so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that on your blog you comment that it's purpose is to save your friend from anecdotes.

I would like to express my disappointed as this doesn't appear to be working. YOU TOLD ME THIS CD STORY. In fact I think I have heard all of these blogged anecdotes. So now I have to read about them too. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH.