Sunday, November 12, 2006

Assistance

I've been assigned an administrative assistant, called A. I is so efficient, it scares me.

On Wednesday she asked me if I want a noticeboard and a whiteboard in my office. I said I did, and had a little chat with her about where to put them. On Thursday morning, before I arrived, they were fitted. She came to see them, but they were wrong. The noticeboard was in the wrong place, and the whiteboard wasn't level (she said). They were supposed to call her over to see them when they were fitted, but she hadn't been called.

I said it was OK, but for one of 'her researchers' it wasn't good enough.

At lunchtime they came to move the noticeboard, and get a spirit level out for the white board (which I told them I thought was OK, but I think that they were frightened of her). A came later, and saw that there were holes and some scratches were the noticeboard was (was for about 4 hours). A went to make phone calls, and someone came to see me later on and said that they would be filled and the wall repainted over the weekend. And would it be OK to just paint those parts, without painting the whole wall. A wasn't around, so I said yes.

No comments: