Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Driving Test (part 2)

Today, I successfully took the written part of my driving test. There was more waiting than yesterday, and the whole process took about an hour. I took my ticket, waited, saw the first person at the desk and paid my money. Behind each desk on the ceiling were eye test cards, a little like those in opticians, except all the letters were the same size.

I had my photo and thumb print taken. Then I went to the testing area - I sat at a school desk, with the chair attached, just like in The Simpsons, and put little crosses in the little boxes.

I scored 34 out of 36 (30 is the pass mark first time, if you fail it first time the pass mark goes up to 33). I got one wrong, which was about when you've had an accident, as well as driving license information, what else do you have to exchange with the other driver:
- registration
- registration and insurance details
- registration and insurance details and home address

I said 'c'. But it wasn't.

I got the other one wrong, because I missed one out. (I was going to go back and check but I couldn't be bothered, I'd have been really peeved if I'd missed it by one).

No comments: