Sunday, October 29, 2006

Toilet Rolls

As I've already described, I bought some toilet rolls from Amazon. 96 toilet rolls, to be precise, because you couldn't buy fewer.

We got the keys to the new flat, and went to have a look, so we could think about getting an insect net for the balcony, and think about where to put things when they came. S wanted to pop back to our current abode on the way, to pick something, so the boys and I waited in the car, while she got the measuring device.

When she came back, she had the measuring thing, and a box containing slightly fewer than 96 toilet rolls. Which we took to the new flat. We got there, and did a bit of measuring, and thinking, and I looked at the ice maker in the fridge, to understand how it worked (I still don't). And S put the toilet rolls away.

She put an enormous pyramid sized pile on the cistern of one of the toilets. In the flat we are in now, the boys did something similar. The next day, D went to the toilet, and asked why the toilet roll was wet. I went to investigate, and it was indeed, very, very soggy. I asked A how it got wet. "I didn't flush the toilet, Daddy", he said, by way of explanation. I enquired further "When the toilet roll was in the toilet, I didn't flush the toilet. I are a good boy."

I didn't enquire further. I fetched a plastic bag, which I used as a glove to dispose of the offending toilet roll.

Anyway, as I said, S was making a pyramid shaped pile of toilet rolls on the cistern. I said that this had already led to one undesired meeting of the toilet and the toilet roll, before the toilet roll had been removed from the roll and, well, you know. So maybe it wasn't the best place to put the toilet rolls. They could go in the cupboard instead, say, and that would avoid accidents.

"Yes" said S. "But that won't deter you from buying 96 toilet rolls again."

No comments: