Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Present

Someone just came to my office and said that they had finally got my 'new hire gift'. I didn't know that I was due a new hire gift, so it was rather exciting. I got a bag (they called it a duffel bag, but it didn't look like one to me) with Corporation of Current Employment's logo on the side, and a $30 gift certificate to spend in the company store.

I did my Christmas shopping, so I can't tell what I got, 'cos it will spoil the surprise. Oh, all right then. I bought a travel coffee cup thing - I'm going to give that to S, because when we moved into the apartment they gave us two paper cups with lids (like you get at Starbucks) to drink coffee from. S keeps rinsing them out and reusing them. Actually, I got two of them, 'cos if she's having one, I want one too.

I bought two plastic water bottles for A and D, with the CoCE logo on the side, and a DVD on the history of CoCE, which I'm going to give to mum, so that she can see be convinced of what a lovely place this is, and not the evil, right wing, corporate, republican, arms dealing, component of the military industrial complex that she believes (or might believe). But I'm not going to wait for Christmas for that.

There was a special screening of the film here. Actually, it wasn't that convincing.

But that came to $30, so I don't have any Christmas presents left. Maybe I could give someone the bag.

No comments: